Monday, June 13, 2011

My Oil Stick Paintings


Oil Sticks or Oil Bars or Paintsticks are all pretty much the same. Oil Sticks are oil paint in a stick form with a little of wax. They come in three shapes small, medium and large. R&F Pigment Sticks are the absolutely best you can buy. The colors are so pure and so rich and the more you rub them on your canvas or board the juicier they get. you can blend one color into another, you can use a palette knife or a brush, anything you want to use you can. Using oil sticks after years of using colored pencils you can imagine I felt wild and wonderful. The first picture is a painting I did for my Aunt Irene when she died I started painting with my paintsticks and this painting emerged and I realized that there was a figure in the painting. I told my husband it was Irene's Journey to God. I truly loved my aunt very very much. The second painting is my interpretation of a sunrise. I just loved this painting. I like painting when I can express myself easily, without a struggle. Not all paintings flow out of me some I have to work very hard at. .Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. Happy Birthday Dear Love.

2 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh jeanne!
your oil stick paintings are amazing!
i love everything you create!
happy happy birthday to perepere.
xoxoxo
melissa & archie

Linda H. Feinberg said...

Just beautiful. Is this a similar technique to working with oil pastels? My oil pastel painting of a bridge in Idaho is up at the Bedford Library this month.