Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Remembering Georgia

Remembering Georgia is a colored pencil and oil pastel painting or if some people prefer a drawing. Mark and Peggy own this painting and they have it in their Oregon home. I always loved Georgia O'Keefe's paintings and she was my idol for years. At this moment I am loving Jamie Wyeth paintings. He is an edgy painter, you really have to see his work in life not from a picture to really see the beauty of his art. His paintings glow. This past summer I went to one of his shows at the Ogunquit Museum of Art on Shore Rd in Ogunquit, Maine. I was blown away by his painting of a huge ram, "Islander". His silhouette is looking over the ocean and some of the island. It is a gorgeous painting, I am at awe of this painting. I read he applied his paint right from the tube to get this wonderful animal's fur. The texture and color of this ram is stunning. Look up the painting "Islander" on Google and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Mickey's Musings said...

I think you are right!!The fur/wool looks so real you want to touch it!He looks very majestic too. I agree that the picture does not do it justice.Seeing the "real thing" would be awesome as it must make the ram look alive.
I dp not paint, but I must say,your work is REALLY good too!!
It makes me smile and I get pleasure from looking at it.
Thank you for sharing,Nancy