Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Squash Landscape

This was the first of my squash landscapes. It was the first time I used oil sticks. I also used oil pastel over the dried oil sticks and I used colored pencils for the details. I sold this painting in Ogunquit Art Association Gallery in Ogunquit, Maine but not before it won an award at the Currier Museum of Art in the New Hampshire Art Association show 1993. I have loved doing these Squash paintings. I have enjoyed going back in memory thinking of these paintings and wonderful shows I have been in.

1 comment:

Mickey's Musings said...

Well,Thanks to you I look at squash in a whole new light! I always liked to eat it, but now I find it's also nice to look at as well! I now appreciate the curves, contours and blemishes on the mighty squash!
Thanks :)